Media Sales Executive – group travel media
An opportunity has arisen to join our niche media company in Milton Keynes as a Media Sales Executive.
Basic salary £30.0K plus bonus and commission – Full-time, Permanent.
Who are we and what do we do?
Yandell Publishing has a stable of market-leading magazines, directories and annuals that are loved and valued by both our readers and advertisers. Despite being in business for over 37 years, the company never stays still and its media portfolios combine a brilliant mix of print and online, topped off with events that are second to none.
One of our primary markets is group travel where we’re proud to publish Britain’s number one magazine for people who organise group trips and holidays. In addition to the magazine, this portfolio currently includes a website, newsletters, two directories, an annual guide, exhibition and awards ceremony.
Our media engages a powerful audience which generates huge business for the tourism industries at home and abroad. Our sales team is responsible for helping our advertisers market themselves through our portfolio and delivering creative marketing strategies that help clients build brands and campaigns within the group travel and tourism sectors.
We work with some of the best known attractions, hotels, West End shows, tour operators, cruise lines and destination marketing organisations. Our client base is diverse and exciting, and we make a real difference to one of the most dynamic industries in the world.
About the role
As Media Sales Executive you will sell our advertising and marketing solutions to our existing clients while always being on the lookout for new business. Supported by our Business Development Manager, you will help agree and arrange marketing campaigns, advertising strategies and one-off business by talking to clients by telephone, supported by email and video calls. This is an office-based role but face-to-face meetings and presentations with our clients are possible as part of the role’s development.
You will be listening to the needs of our clients and creating appealing solutions for them using our portfolio, all the way from pitch to completion.
And we offer the lot: print advertising, online and digital marketing, sponsored content, custom videos, national events and more.
• If you love to sell, communicate, and create… if you are passionate, talented, and have a great personality, we want to talk to you about how you can help deliver for our clients and take our business to the next level.
• It goes without saying, that in a sales environment we’re looking for a confident, persuasive and friendly individual, with a positive outlook and great interpersonal skills.
• You will be someone who is motivated to exceed targets, both individually and as part of the wider sales team.
• You will have excellent time management skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and prioritise across multiple projects.
• Advertising and commercial experience within media and events, or in a general sales environment is a definite bonus, but flair, a can-do attitude, great communication skills, and a willingness to learn and develop are the main criteria.
What can we offer?
Yandell Publishing has a small but brilliant team of people and you’ll be joining a talented and friendly group. You’ll be learning from experienced media professionals and have the support and chance to maximise your skills and take your career to the next level.
A good basic salary is offered plus additional bonus and commission opportunities, which means strong potential earnings, with no limits imposed.
We have a generous holiday package on top of public holidays, early finish on Fridays, flexible working, and staff socials.
The company has many long-standing employees which we like to think tells its own story. If you’re ready to work hard in a busy and demanding environment, then apply today. And if you have any questions let us know.
Interested? Please fill out the form below.
(NO AGENCIES. Previous applicants need not apply.)