If you love print and digital, boast a talent for writing and subbing, together with a strong work ethic and organisational skills, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for two deputy editors to strengthen our editorial team and build on the success of our biggest brands; one for a market-leading travel, leisure & education portfolio, the other working across B2B media for the meat & food industries.
They are both very different sectors but don’t be afraid to apply for both roles; just make this clear in your covering letter to us. We believe someone with the right skillset could make a success in either portfolio.
What you’ll be up to:
- Writing and editing content for magazines, websites and newsletters.
- Instrumental in putting the print issue together.
- Using the CMS to publish content to our websites.
- Helping to attract online traffic and finding news and content ideas through social media.
- Playing a key part in the promotion, PR and admin of reader awards and exhibitions.
- Representing the titles and brands at events.
- Deputising for the editor when required.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you:
- Have experience working in an editorial/journalism environment.
- Are super creative with the ability to identify the best angle of a story or feature.
- Work well under pressure, juggling deadlines and being busy while staying super organised.
- Are meticulous with a great eye for detail, particularly when it comes to grammar and typos.
- Understand your audience and subject, writing engaging content that will grab the readers’ attention as well as entertain and inform them.
About the company
Yandell Media is an independent company and our mission is to be the best in our markets – creating and publishing fantastic magazines and websites as well as organising amazing awards initiatives and events.
Based at our offices in Milton Keynes, just a few minutes from the M1, you’ll be joining a small but perfectly formed friendly bunch who work hard and play hard, setting the bar high and taking great pride in what we do. Further career progression is definitely available to those who come in and make a difference – and we’ll do our best to help you make a big success of your role with us.
Employee perks and opportunities include free parking, cheap cinema tickets, restaurant discounts and free mobile phone insurance – not forgetting unlimited complimentary hot drinks. You’ll also get a generous holiday allowance with 27 days’ a year including extra time off over Christmas – you even get a bonus day off on your birthday (we’re nice like that).
Are you the person we’re looking for? Apply now and please include a covering letter explaining why you’re applying for the post, why you feel this is the right role for you and what you can bring to the company. Examples of any previous editorial / journalistic work will definitely help your application.
Deputy Editor Application Form
We will only contact applicants who are successful in obtaining an interview and may close the position early if we find the right person.
Please include a covering letter as part of your application telling us why you’re the person we’re looking for (applications without covering letters will not be considered). Indicate if you are interested in both positions or if you are applying for one in particular.
Also include details of your current salary and location, together with your CV and examples of your editorial work (published articles etc).